: Looking for a top talented individual to fill the Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer position where we’re dedicated to enhancing the life of men and women who want naturally younger looking skin. This engineer researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electro-mechanical systems and products. He/she will also direct and coordinate activities involved in the design, documentation, fabrication, operation, application, installation, test, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems by performing the duties outlined below.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Note: The following primary responsibilities are meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
• Research and analyze data such as customer requests and specifications to determine feasibility of design.
• Specify, design and document systems and products such as instruments and disposables, considering performance, patient safety, regulatory requirements, patents, and corporate goals.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure projects conform to all regulatory and quality regulations.
• Interface with electrical and software resources as part of a cross-disciplinary design team.
• Prototype designs using a variety of prototyping methodologies including SLA , RTV molds, FDM, machining, model making, gluing and painting.
• Organize, plan, lead and manage team projects in alignment with project goals.
• Aid in setting the strategy for the R&D department.
• Develop/improve products to ease manufacturing processes.
• Stay up-to-date and follow all procedures related to this job that can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
Experience, Education, Training Skills and Traits:
• BS or MSME plus ten years experience designing electromechanical systems.
• Minimum of three years in a medical device environment is preferred. Similarly, highly regulated fields may also be considered such as aerospace.
• Experience with heat transfer and thermal analysis a bonus.
• Five to ten years experience designing using CAD, preferably proficient with Pro/E.
• Proven track record of successful product development using a variety of design tools and prototyping techniques.
• Working knowledge of project planning and management including use of PM software such as MS Project.
• Ability to focus on and achieve scheduled milestones, including contingency planning.
• Knowledge of FDA Quality System and Design Control requirements and their application to projects from design inception to manufacturing release.
• Strong team-working and communication skills.
• A drive to get the job done in the face of obstacles and time constraints, and a willingness to jump in wherever needed.
• Competent using office software including MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook.