Tim Nguyen- email@example.com
|# of openings:||1|
|An exceptional career opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated CAD designer to join a start-up in the area of bio-technology. Pacific Biosciences is seeking the best for developing instrumentation that will revolutionize DNA sequencing. The CAD designer’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Must effectively apply solid modeling 2 and 3D tools, to perform drafting and design tasks.
Experience with precision mechanical components and optics preferred
September 16, 2008
September 4, 2008
Director- Design Services
650 Townsend Street, Suite 475
San Francisco, CA 94103
| direct x 1453
We are looking for some temporary help building CAD models of client invention concepts. Ideally, this person would be a . It could turn into full-time employment down the road.
We need someone to knock out whole models in 1-3 days per. We prefer to work in for the downstream functionality it has. The models need to look good on the outside, but the inside components may be suggested by simplified versions of themselves. For example, a motor can be shown as a cylinder with a shaft and wires. The basic configurations of the components need to be there, but these are marketing presentation models, so the purpose is selling a concept, not working out all the details. That said, we have to add legitimate value to our clients’ concepts by thinking them through enough to present a basic BOM along with the marketing materials.
Essential duties of job:
- Produce 3D models, renderings and basic technical drawings of invention concepts for marketing portfolio presentations
- Provide design consultation/specifications regarding materials and processes
- Coordinate with the design director and product licensing managers to revise models based on feedback
- Experience with 3D modeling in SolidWorks, and rendering in any application.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work quickly and deliver when promised
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Analytical and creative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Pay is about 20/hr, or $200-$500 per model.