Rick Ibarra, P.E.
1601 Las Plumas Ave.
San Jose, CA 95133
(408) 644-6620 Direct
(408) 347-3400 Office
"Rick Ibarra" <RIbarra@therma.com>
HVAC CAD Tech
HVAC CAD Tech with experience and knowledge of AutoCAD. The candidate will work under the direction of CAD Designers and Engineers. Preferably, the candidate should have experience in a similar role working for a Design Build Contractor, MEP Consulting Engineering Firm, or an Architectural Firm. Therma is a leading design-build mechanical construction contractor with a long history of completing technically challenging projects serving a wide variety of clients.
· Create construction drawing packages using AutoCAD.
· Create building 2D floor plans, elevations, sections and details of mechanical systems.
· Create demolition drawings.
· Create diagrams of mechanical systems.
· Create equipment schedules, and project title sheets.
· Create Issued for Permit and Issued for Construction drawing packages.
· Create Isometric drawings.
· Create “As-Built” drawings from “Red Line” mark-ed up drawings.
· Plot drawings and make copies as needed.
· Attend weekly work planning meetings.
· Work closely with other CAD Techs, CAD Designers and Engineers.
· Do on-site verification when necessary.
· Adhere to department CAD standards.
· Use department electronic filing system for maintaining project data.
· Assist with setting up projects and importing architectural backgrounds.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· 2+ Years work experience as a CAD Technician.
· A positive attitude and good communication skills.
· Basic knowledge of MEP CAD drafting standards including symbols.
· Experience working as a CAD Technician for a design-build contractor, engineering firm or architectural firm.
· AutoCAD 2005 experience. Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP is a plus.
· 3D CAD experience is not necessary but is considered a plus.
· High School Diploma. AA degree or a certificate from an accredited technical school or vocational school would be considered a plus.
· Candidate must be able to multitask and meet project deadlines.
· Experience producing HVAC, Process Piping and or Plumbing drawings in CAD.
· Must be a self starter who can follow directions and is a team player while at the same time is able to work with minimum supervision.