Posting Date: April 20, 2007 Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Title: Designer/Drafter Requisition Number: 07-010
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for creating and modifying detailed drawings using CAD hardware and software from sketches, layouts, or notes provided by engineering. Contributes design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Checks drawing plots versus the project input for correctness and conformance to standards. Works with engineers regarding accuracy, design, drafting standards, and ECO/CAR documentation. May be involved in systems management including file maintenance, backup, and storage.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Experienced at establishing input/output requirements for product development.
· Experienced in providing manufacturing quality documentation.
· Working Knowledge of complete Mechanical development and editing, Library Management and Design Output.
· Skilled at coordinating Mechanical Assembly Documentation and Detail Drawings.
· Skilled at coordinating test fixture documentation.
· Ability to communicate product knowledge between sales/customer and assemblers.
· Experienced at performing mechanical (and some electrical) design, drafting, and documentation of towed array systems, components, and related equipment.
· Experienced at working closely with Engineering to understand and execute design/documentation requirements and objectives.
· Experienced with employing sound design and drafting practices using AutoCAD and Solid Works software.
· Ability to verify drafting and design work of self and others.
· Experienced at preparing Bills of Materials.
· Ability to provide technical support to other departments.
· Capable of performing other duties and responsibilities when required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, and Associates degree in drafting/design or a Certificate. Minimum of four years drafting and design experience, including one year experience with design concepts and elements. One year of experience with Solid Works and one year experience with AutoCAD.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds or more.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.