How are you doing my name is Kevin Kirkland I work with The Select Group. I am currently working of a variety of different Mechanical Engineer, Designers and Drafters positions on a permanent basis in the Raleigh/Durham NC area. I was wondering through your network of Engineering and SolidWorks professional if might now of some candidates who would be interested. We do offer referral bonuses that will be paid out if you give us a candidate that we place in one of are many open positions. If you know of any candidates feel free to forward this e-mail along. All these positions are in the Raleigh/Durham NC also below are some links about the Raleigh / Durham area.
Locations: Raleigh/Durham, NC
1) SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Our client’s Product Design Group has immediate needs for Mechanical Engineers for permanent positions.
*Our client will consider “out of state” candidates*
*Paid interview expenses and relocation assistance available*
Specific duties include:
Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components and equipment. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as robotic parts, mechanisms, instruments, controls, tools/fixtures, machines, compressed air systems, injection molded plastic parts, large plastic doors/covers, welded structures, sheet metal, castings, etc.
Will also be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products.
Provide expert judgment and analysis for design, development and implementation of technical products and solutions.
Generate design requirements specifications and develop test strategies and plans to verify compliance to requirements.
Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research. Recommends alterations to development and design to improve the quality and reliability of products, along with the suitability for volume production.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and at least 10 years of experience in the design/manufacturing field.
Experience with 3-D CAD solid modeling is also required with SolidWorks preferred.
Will rely on extensive experience and judgment to develop detail plan tasks to accomplish overall goals.
Perform a variety of tasks.
May lead and direct the work of other engineers, designers and technicians.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
KEYWORDS: MECHANICAL ENGINEER, ROBOTICS, ELECTRO-MECHANICAL, SOLIDWORKS, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, RALEIGH , DURHAM , RTP, MECHANICAL, ENGINEER, ENGINEERING
2) MECHANICAL ENGINEER-RESEARCH/R&D
Our customer is seeking a Mechanical Engineering professional with a proven track record of success in engineering and R&D.
· Provide expert judgment and analysis for design, development and implementation of automated products and solutions.
· Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as automated systems, mechanisms, instruments, controls,tools/fixtures, machines, etc.
· Involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products.
Recommends alterations to development and design to improve the quality and reliability of products, along with the suitability for volume production.
Experience & Education Requirements
· Four plus years related experience with Bachelors in Engineering, or Two plus years with a Masters in Engineering
Proficient with solid modeling (Solidworks)
3) Mechanical Drafter
Locally owned, high-tech company is seeking an experienced Design Drafter.
Responsibilities will include:
¨ Creating and documenting solid models in Solidworks for engineers.
¨ Assigned drawing will include layout drawings, detailed fabrication drawings and assembly drawings.
¨ Responsible for creation, reproducing, correcting redlines, distributing and electronic filing of drawings, interacting with vendors to obtain part information and answering questions related to part fabrication and assembly.
¨ Will be preparing sophisticated mechanical or electrical drawings and bills of materials with minimal supervision.
¨ Knowledge of ANSI Y14 series standards (including Y14.5) required.
¨ Solidworks and PDMWorks a plus.
¨ Associates Degree in CAD Drafting.
KEYWORKDS: SOLIDWORKS, DRAFTER, MECHANICAL, PDMWORKS, CAD, DRAFT, SOLIDWORKS, MECHANICAL DRAFTER, ANSI, CAD, RALEIGH , DURHAM
4) Mechanical Engineer
· Use engineering principles to design and modify robotic parts and tools. You will work independently, individually or as Project Leader with other engineers, designers and Manufacturing personnel to complete design projects. You will communicate with managers and Manufacturing and Sales staff concerning your design project.
· Investigate and resolve technical problems involving product performance, production equipment or facility systems affecting production.
· Test prototypes and released products to verify design to customer specifications and write reports to document the testing.
· Determine and establish specifications and standards and write manuals, manufacturing and inspection instructions, specification sheets and technical reports for new and existing products.
· Perform a variety of engineering tasks in the planning and design of electro-mechanical products, manufacturing and assembly tooling, electrical enclosures and cable assemblies. Determine and establish specifications through engineering calculations and layouts. Use appropriate engineering tools such as, CAD, FMEA, DFA, in the successful completion of design projects.
· As a Project Leader you will coordinate all phases of development including creation, prototypes, testing and analysis. Establish and monitor adherence to time lines and schedules. Complete all project documentation required, direct the efforts of assigned support personnel as required to ensure on time project completion, be responsible for tracking the cost of components with minimizing cost as one design criteria and work closely with all areas of the company to successfully complete the projects.
· Work with component suppliers, manufacturers, outside labs and other service providers as needed to assure the most cost effective, robust designs are implemented.
· Continue to learn new skills and techniques through in-house training, outside training/coursework, seminars, trade shows and appropriate use of the internet and participate in the training of other members of the engineering team in these skills.
· Communicate with customers and the Sales staff to determine all the technical specifications for a project. Continue customer interface as required during the design, production, implementation and trouble shooting of the product, including plant trips as required.
· Provide support and assistance to coworkers as appropriate to enhance the performance and success of the engineering department and the company as a whole.
The Select Group
5511 Capital Center Dr.
Suite 212 , Raleigh , NC 27606
“Connecting Great Companies With Quality Talent”